Forums
Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://howiecarrshowfans.com/hcsfbb)
+-- Forum: Howie Carr Show Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Howie Carr Show Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates (/showthread.php?tid=11446)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates - dirty_fingers - 02-28-2018 11:56 AM

(02-24-2018 11:01 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 12:57 PM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  Because Howie knows as much about IT/technology as an asthmatic ant laden with heavy shopping. Smile

True, but when this was happening at his prior studio (e.g. Barry Armstrong's), he was on it pretty quickly. I haven't even heard acknowledgement of it on the show.

Is it possible that he has no idea about the issues with the show's audio quality, as well as the complaints about the store & VIP podcasts?

He might not know, but more likely there's nothing he can do about it. I believe the show is streamed by the radio station or its current owner, (Iheart in the case of WRKO,) and he would be at their mercy regarding the quality of the stream. Of course he could at least mention it if he were aware of it. Remember his constant grousing about "Entercom happens," before his contract with them ended.

It seems more likely that he doesn't really care about the quality of his products any more, as evidenced by the piles of junk he is willing to put his name on and sell during the show. I think his show is in the home stretch and as long as the checks keep coming in he doesn't really care about much else. Just my jaded opinion.

RE: Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates - rocket21 - 03-01-2018 10:48 PM

(02-28-2018 11:56 AM)dirty_fingers Wrote:  He might not know, but more likely there's nothing he can do about it. I believe the show is streamed by the radio station or its current owner, (Iheart in the case of WRKO,) and he would be at their mercy regarding the quality of the stream. Of course he could at least mention it if he were aware of it. Remember his constant grousing about "Entercom happens," before his contract with them ended.

It seems more likely that he doesn't really care about the quality of his products any more, as evidenced by the piles of junk he is willing to put his name on and sell during the show. I think his show is in the home stretch and as long as the checks keep coming in he doesn't really care about much else. Just my jaded opinion.

I think the show is digitally transmitted from his studio. They had occasional connection issues from Armstrong's studio, but it seemed fairly seamless from his studio until this year.

For what it's worth, it cut out for 5 seconds during the Chump Line today on WNTK FM.

RE: Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates - dirty_fingers - 03-02-2018 12:57 PM

Have you tried calling in to the show? Maybe they don't know about it.

RE: Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates - rocket21 - 03-02-2018 09:26 PM

Considering I can't get an e-mail reply when I'm a paying customer, I doubt I can get through on something like that. Presumably the affiliates have been complaining.

RE: Connection Issues on Streaming, Affiliates - dirty_fingers - 03-05-2018 10:33 PM

This is precisely the kind of thing that has driven me away from his show. If he doesn't care, then I don't either.