VIP Club is Back
ImHowieCarr Offline

VIP Club is Back
Hi. I just went to Howie's website to download last week's podcasts, and discovered that the VIP Club is back, and it's now $9 a month. It was $5 before.

I knew it was too good to be true when they dropped the charge and made the podcasts free a while back. I can't see Howie voluntarily giving up any source of revenue!!

But the bottom line is, i'll still pay. I guess i'm addicted to the show.
02-27-2017 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raccoonradio Offline

RE: VIP Club is Back
Do we all have to re-register now? Entered username or password and it said not valid.
Tried to enter to reset password but it said not valid yet I have emails stored on that email account
that say I'm a member.

>>

Thanks for creating an account on Howie Carr | New England's Undisputed Talk Radio King. Your username is ------

You can access your account area to view your orders and change your password here: https://howiecarrshow.com/my-account/.

--

Invalid username or e-mail.

Lost your password? Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 10:19 AM by raccoonradio.)
02-27-2017 10:12 AM
Down4Breakfast Offline

Interesting...

I had paid up a while ago and then they removed it. I asked Grace about it and never got a response. I am wondering if my account is still there or whether one has to pony up again.

Probably some "Black Toe" ganster plot to get $$$, then cancel it and then renew it 6 months later at a higher rate and have to renew subscriptions, etc. If he keeps going he'll make Bernie Madoff look like a two-bit hood... Big Grin

(02-27-2017 10:12 AM)raccoonradio Wrote:  Do we all have to re-register now? Entered username or password and it said not valid.
Tried to enter to reset password but it said not valid yet I have emails stored on that email account
that say I'm a member.

I was able to reset my password, however the subscriptions are gone. I do see an order I placed but nothing else. I guess I need to "re-book" it.

His site leans to the clunky side, so it might just have been a glitch in the database. It did find mine.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 02:06 PM by Down4Breakfast.)
02-27-2017 01:23 PM
Deputy Dick Offline

(02-27-2017 01:23 PM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  Interesting...

I had paid up a while ago and then they removed it. I asked Grace about it and never got a response. I am wondering if my account is still there or whether one has to pony up again.

Probably some "Black Toe" ganster plot to get $$$, then cancel it and then renew it 6 months later at a higher rate and have to renew subscriptions, etc. If he keeps going he'll make Bernie Madoff look like a two-bit hood... Big Grin

(02-27-2017 10:12 AM)raccoonradio Wrote:  Do we all have to re-register now? Entered username or password and it said not valid.
that say I'm a member.

I was able to reset my password, however the subscriptions are gone. I do see an order I placed but nothing else. I guess I need to "re-book" it.

His site leans to the clunky side, so it might just have been a glitch in the database. It did find mine.

I did the same thing and lost $50.00, spoke to Steve, & Jerrod and email to Grace.... No answer... Guess Howie is trying to act like he is the Government.
02-27-2017 06:35 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Charging for Podcasts again? Jeez...I think I should still have a few months left in my old 1 year subscription, so hopefully that'll still work. If not, I'd be very hesitant to ever sign up again.
02-28-2017 12:39 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

I don't *think* it's for the podcasts, Grace says (on air) you get discounts, free shipping and, if so afflicted, you can get a Dremel bit for 'black toe' before you boot some dogs... (J/K on the last one).

The link asks you go "login" but there is no log in prompt (says I am already logged in elsewhere).
03-01-2017 10:26 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Oh, good...I was going to say, I still have a few months left on my annual membership for the old VIP thingy and the login doesn't work, nor does the password reset (it says it reset it, but no e-mail was sent). Hopefully they keep the podcasts free.
03-01-2017 07:02 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

(03-01-2017 07:02 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  Oh, good...I was going to say, I still have a few months left on my annual membership for the old VIP thingy and the login doesn't work, nor does the password reset (it says it reset it, but no e-mail was sent). Hopefully they keep the podcasts free.

Check the background. It asks for your email address but the box is so faint you can't see it (just happened I clicked there by accident, I was having the same issue you were). Once you do type that, the password comes fairly quickly.

Another thing is, if you use GMail, Yahoo, etc. some might catch it in the Spam/Junk folder.
03-02-2017 10:44 AM
dirty_fingers Offline

(03-01-2017 07:02 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  Oh, good...I was going to say, I still have a few months left on my annual membership for the old VIP thingy and the login doesn't work, nor does the password reset (it says it reset it, but no e-mail was sent). Hopefully they keep the podcasts free.

The free podcasts have been gone for about a week. Hopefully it's a glitch and they'll be back, but Howie has already burned us once on this, I hope he's not doing it again. I love the show, but I won't pay as much as a netflix subscription for one radio show.

EDIT:
I just went to the website and clicked the VIP link, one of the perks of membership is commercial free podcasts. It looks like the cheap bastard has screwed us again. So long, Howie.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 01:37 PM by dirty_fingers.)
03-02-2017 01:34 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

(03-02-2017 01:34 PM)dirty_fingers Wrote:  The free podcasts have been gone for about a week. Hopefully it's a glitch and they'll be back, but Howie has already burned us once on this, I hope he's not doing it again. I love the show, but I won't pay as much as a netflix subscription for one radio show.

EDIT:
I just went to the website and clicked the VIP link, one of the perks of membership is commercial free podcasts. It looks like the cheap bastard has screwed us again. So long, Howie.

I'm not so sure. I didn't get asked to pay and clicked on podcasts. Albeit, the site has been flaky with Chrome, so I just tried Firefox to see what if it's something in the coding. I did get into the podcasts, but did not get a charge on my card. Maybe my last renewal is still current...?
03-03-2017 09:59 AM