VIP Club is Back
dirty_fingers Offline

RE: VIP Club is Back
(03-03-2017 09:59 AM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 01:34 PM)dirty_fingers Wrote:  The free podcasts have been gone for about a week. Hopefully it's a glitch and they'll be back, but Howie has already burned us once on this, I hope he's not doing it again. I love the show, but I won't pay as much as a netflix subscription for one radio show.

EDIT:
I just went to the website and clicked the VIP link, one of the perks of membership is commercial free podcasts. It looks like the cheap bastard has screwed us again. So long, Howie.

I'm not so sure. I didn't get asked to pay and clicked on podcasts. Albeit, the site has been flaky with Chrome, so I just tried Firefox to see what if it's something in the coding. I did get into the podcasts, but did not get a charge on my card. Maybe my last renewal is still current...?

Well, in the bumper that they play before commercials during the show, Grace says that commercial free podcasts are included with the VIP membership, and if you click the VIP Club link on Howie's website it lists commercial free podcasts as a VIP feature. Also, if you head over to the podcast section and click on a short podcast, like a chump line, just above the web player it says, "Want to listen to the entire podcast? Become a VIP Club Member!" with a link to send money to Howie.

I would love to be wrong about this, since the podcast is the only way I can listen to the show due to my schedule. If you find an unpaid link to full episodes, please share it.Smile
03-03-2017 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raccoonradio Offline

Try this, if you're on facebook I think they do the whole show on Facebook live and then it's available for the next day or so
for you to see (people leave comments on it, especially when the show is live)
03-03-2017 12:50 PM
tiselin@gmail.com Offline

I just signed up for the VIP club so I can listen to the podcasts, but there doesn't seem to be an RSS feed other than the free one. Is there an RSS feed I am missing somewhere?
03-04-2017 07:45 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

(03-04-2017 07:45 PM)tiselin@gmail.com Wrote:  I just signed up for the VIP club so I can listen to the podcasts, but there doesn't seem to be an RSS feed other than the free one. Is there an RSS feed I am missing somewhere?

I am not aware of one, but you can try some of the Internet services like "iHeart Radio", etc.

I try to listen on my cell when I can (via WiFi).
03-06-2017 09:58 AM

(03-06-2017 09:58 AM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 07:45 PM)tiselin@gmail.com Wrote:  I just signed up for the VIP club so I can listen to the podcasts, but there doesn't seem to be an RSS feed other than the free one. Is there an RSS feed I am missing somewhere?

I am not aware of one, but you can try some of the Internet services like "iHeart Radio", etc.

The reason I purchased the VIP club was so that I could listen to it in my car on the way to work (no cell reception for my drive). I don't believe having an RSS feed would be unreasonable for paid subscribers. If they don't provide one the VIP club is really of no use to me... Oh well.
03-08-2017 07:25 AM
dirty_fingers Offline

(03-03-2017 12:50 PM)raccoonradio Wrote:  Try this, if you're on facebook I think they do the whole show on Facebook live and then it's available for the next day or so
for you to see (people leave comments on it, especially when the show is live)

Can anyone confirm this? I really don't want to sign up for facebook, but I might if the podcast is available there complete and commercial free.
03-08-2017 11:36 AM

(03-08-2017 07:25 AM)tiselin@gmail.com Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:58 AM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  

The reason I purchased the VIP club was so that I could listen to it in my car on the way to work (no cell reception for my drive). I don't believe having an RSS feed would be unreasonable for paid subscribers. If they don't provide one the VIP club is really of no use to me... Oh well.

There is now an RSS feed for the entire commercial free show for VIP members. Fantastic!
03-09-2017 07:59 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I was a two year annual member of the previous VIP club, but only received a few months from the second paid year, which is still technically in progress. I assume they won't be giving me credit for the old paid membership?
03-09-2017 10:52 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

(03-02-2017 10:44 AM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  Check the background. It asks for your email address but the box is so faint you can't see it (just happened I clicked there by accident, I was having the same issue you were). Once you do type that, the password comes fairly quickly.

Another thing is, if you use GMail, Yahoo, etc. some might catch it in the Spam/Junk folder.

Despite having a paid annual subscription renew for $50 May 2016, it looks like they don't even have my VIP club (version 1.0) e-mail in the system anymore to reset. Yet I get the promotional e-mails at that address...
03-10-2017 06:30 AM
Deputy Dick Offline

Even though I said I would NOT sign up for the VIP club again…I did. I wanted the ability to use iTunes to download to my iPod (I know I am old fashion but the only phone I have is a company phone and they don’t want us downloading or streaming anything.

I always listen to the previous day’s podcast. Last Friday’s podcast has not been available as of today (Monday 04/10/2017).

Frustrating to say the least especially for $99.00 a year! Second time this has happened!

Deputy Dick
Colorado Springs, Colorado
04-10-2017 04:58 PM