WMEX, Chump line fatigue
raccoonradio Offline

WMEX, Chump line fatigue
--Joe Shortsleeve is gone from WMEX 1510.Running as a Dem though had
voted for Trump for a state senate seat.Right now (10-noon) in what had been Joe's slot is fill in Rep Geoff Diehl (R-Whitman) who may run against Pocohantas Warren.Rumors WMEX may be sold again, soon...what happens to Sandy (12-3 pm)?
Found out last yr Joe Ligotti sued WMEX because they fired him after a month.Says they owe him $70k /yr for 3 years.No word on how it turned out.

Anyone else have chumpline fatigue?These bits are getting tiresome
Gov Patrick
(Old man voice) Steeeve! It's Howie
Kerry and "Genghis Carr"
Song parody guy using same song ends with five drawn out notes)
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 09:33 AM by raccoonradio.)
05-05-2017 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raccoonradio Offline

RE: WMEX, Chump line fatigue
==As for Joe Ligotti, found out that they quietly settled with him for severance pay, etc. He had been demanding 1-3 yrs at full salary. Clashed with their producer etc.
05-05-2017 01:57 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I enjoy the "celebrities" making fun of Howie, especially Teddy and Kerry.

Song parody guy is hit or miss...when he misses, it's grating...when he hits, it can be funny.

I think the bigger issue is having things to make sport of. I think there was more material before Trump was elected, and back when Massachusetts still had Deval, Mumbles, Liveshot, Teddy, etc. in office.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 04:28 PM by rocket21.)
05-05-2017 04:26 PM
dirty_fingers Offline

(05-05-2017 04:26 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  I enjoy the "celebrities" making fun of Howie, especially Teddy and Kerry.

Song parody guy is hit or miss...when he misses, it's grating...when he hits, it can be funny.

I think the bigger issue is having things to make sport of. I think there was more material before Trump was elected, and back when Massachusetts still had Deval, Mumbles, Liveshot, Teddy, etc. in office.

I was sick of the Gengis Carr guy the first time I heard him. The Steve it's Howie guy has his moments. I have to wonder if a lot of the recurring callers are plants, but I wonder that about all talk shows, feeding the host material he's prepped for to make him look good. Not a big problem, I still enjoy the shows.
05-06-2017 08:07 AM
Down4Breakfast Offline

The Governor Patrick may be a case of someone reminding him that "how can you miss me when I won't go away?" Smile

Some are a little tiresome, I agree. One of my favorites was the guy singing "Teddy the Red-Nosed Senator" (to the tune of Rudolph) - I laughed so hard I almost drove off the road. Gems like that are hard to come by.
05-15-2017 12:07 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I think the text line has zapped the Chump Line of some of its better content, both with people opting to send their jokes that way, and by virtue of the jokes coming in real time and thus stomping on the Chump Line messages later in the show.
05-16-2017 08:42 PM
raccoonradio Offline

WMEX signal supposedly reaches a lot of fishes (goes out to sea) and soon the station may be sleeping with the fishes. Supposedly Michele McPhee’s last show is Fri June 2 (2nd anniversary of her first for 1510) she has apparently said. Sandy Shack running re-runs, etc.

And rumor has it the talk format is failing financially and will be done as of June 3.
05-24-2017 09:28 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Interesting, looks like Sandy's last podcasted show was March 1.
05-26-2017 07:49 AM
raccoonradio Offline

Word has it WMEX staff has been told the station is being sold.
Michele did her last show for WMEX on Friday. Sandy said she'd be back (Monday)
06-05-2017 07:05 AM
Cap'n Spackle Offline

(06-05-2017 07:05 AM)raccoonradio Wrote:  Word has it WMEX staff has been told the station is being sold.
Michele did her last show for WMEX on Friday. Sandy said she'd be back (Monday)
The junk morning drive show with the guy who can't read reading the news while the two clowns make fun of him was still on this AM.
06-05-2017 12:04 PM