Grace's celebrity news
dirty_fingers Offline

Grace's celebrity news
Is it just me or is Grace's celebrity gossip segment really annoying? I don't care at all about celebrities, I am bombarded with them everywhere on the internet. And that sounder that Steve plays every time she brings up a new topic gets annoying quickly. I get the fact that we get Howie's take on celebrity news in this segment, but there lots of topics that I don't care about that he could comment on, and I wish he wouldn't. It seems to me like the show is moving in a new direction, away from what interests me. I've been listening to Howie for a lot of years, as many of us here have been, and I'm becoming more frustrated with the sharp increase in advertising and fluff.. Has he finally jumped the shark?
08-11-2017 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cap'n Spackle Offline

RE: Grace's celebrity news
Grace in general is pretty annoying, though she seems like a nice person to have answering the phone.
08-11-2017 02:56 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I like the additional contributions from Grace. I agree that the increase in advertisements is annoying though.
08-11-2017 08:51 PM
ImHowieCarr Offline

(08-11-2017 08:51 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  I like the additional contributions from Grace. I agree that the increase in advertisements is annoying though.

I listen to the "commercial free" podcasts of the show, and even those seem to have more and more live spots, billboards and book plugs. But i can't really fault Howie for that. If i had a show, i'd probably do the same thing.

Pretty soon we may hear "this blinking of Howie's eyes is brought to you by...."
08-13-2017 02:29 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

(08-13-2017 02:29 PM)ImHowieCarr Wrote:  I listen to the "commercial free" podcasts of the show, and even those seem to have more and more live spots, billboards and book plugs.

Ya, that's what I meant...I don't think the actual ad breaks are any longer, but the intra-show ads, as well as the bumper ads, are on the increase.

Soon it will be "this sponsorship of the sponsorship of the sponsorship of this half hour is brought to you by..."
08-13-2017 08:30 PM