Podcasts
Rama89 Offline

Podcasts
Hello all,

Since I have given up on emailing the Howie Carr show through their website I figure I would check here.

I am a VIP member and have subscribed of course to the podcasts. They used to auto-download to my iPod until 8/6 or so. I now get nothing. I can see that there are some available on the main site but I cannot get them to download to my player. Does anyone have something that would work? I have deleted the podcast from my iPod numerous times and re-installed, this has not worked.

I am extremely frustrated that in essence I have paid $99 only to be able to purchase their items for free shipping and a 10% discount.

I am subscribing also to the Cardoctor and his podcasts are auto-downloaded once per week and all for nothing out of pocket on my end.

This whole thing doesn't make any sense.
10-24-2017 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ImHowieCarr Offline

RE: Podcasts
(10-24-2017 03:46 PM)Rama89 Wrote:  Hello all,

Since I have given up on emailing the Howie Carr show through their website I figure I would check here.

I am a VIP member and have subscribed of course to the podcasts. They used to auto-download to my iPod until 8/6 or so. I now get nothing. I can see that there are some available on the main site but I cannot get them to download to my player. Does anyone have something that would work? I have deleted the podcast from my iPod numerous times and re-installed, this has not worked.

I am extremely frustrated that in essence I have paid $99 only to be able to purchase their items for free shipping and a 10% discount.

I am subscribing also to the Cardoctor and his podcasts are auto-downloaded once per week and all for nothing out of pocket on my end.

Hi Rama. I don't know anything about auto-downloading, but i manually download them from the website to my generic mp3 player. Reply back if you need help with doing that.
10-29-2017 01:15 PM
dirty_fingers Offline

This is insane to me. You pay Howie a premium for a do-it-yourself podcast. You could take the extra step and record the show by capturing the audio feed with your soundcard and save $100/year.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 11:26 AM by dirty_fingers.)
11-02-2017 11:25 AM
ImHowieCarr Offline

(11-02-2017 11:25 AM)dirty_fingers Wrote:  This is insane to me. You pay Howie a premium for a do-it-yourself podcast. You could take the extra step and record the show by capturing the audio feed with your soundcard and save $100/year.

For me, the big advantage of the podcast is that the commercials are removed. If you record the show yourself, that won't be the case. Although the live spots and billboards, which seem to be increasing, are not removed.
11-03-2017 10:15 AM
dirty_fingers Offline

(11-03-2017 10:15 AM)ImHowieCarr Wrote:  For me, the big advantage of the podcast is that the commercials are removed. If you record the show yourself, that won't be the case. Although the live spots and billboards, which seem to be increasing, are not removed.

You're right, the commercials are still there, but the upside, apart from saving the cash, is that you're not at Howie's mercy when he doesn't feel like uploading the podcast for a few days, you have it immediately after the show is over. And once you have it set up, you can record whatever shows you want with a few more steps.
11-06-2017 06:31 PM
Deputy Dick Offline

(10-24-2017 03:46 PM)Rama89 Wrote:  Hello all,

I gave moaning and complaining about this for months
I have done everything but call into the show. And still no luck
I have 10 FREE podcasts that have no commercials that are always posted on time
I have four paid subscriptions excluding Howie that are posted on time.
Nor feeling very “VIP” at The Howie Carr Show at this Time
Will have to make a decision in February we to renewing my VIP account.
Friday’s podcast has not been posted yet and the Monday show (11/13/17) is starting in a few minutes.
Who wants to pay money for a slow that is four days old.
Deputy Dick
11-13-2017 02:52 PM
captjohn Offline

Sounds like many of you are having problems with paid transactions with Howie! Have any of you tried buying any of Howie's trinkets lately? I ordered two bobble heads a month ago, and NOTHING. Get no answers from e-mail enquiries or telephone calls to the "order line" Four attempts with no response! I am in the process of reversing the CC transaction that appeared on the day of the order a month ago!
are Steve and Sandy not earning their keep?
11-14-2017 04:06 PM
dirty_fingers Offline

Is Howie a crook? There seem to be a number of examples on this forum of people paying him money and not getting what they pay for, and ignored attempts to contact his "company" to correct the issue. For all the fun he has dumping on other deadbeats, it sounds like he has some problems of his own.Huh
11-14-2017 06:39 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

My guess is that Howie's not aware of the issues his customers are facing. I also don't think the on air staff (Steve, Grace) have anything to do with order fulfillment.
On three separate transactions, I did not receive what was advertised.
It's a darned shame and it makes him and the staff look bad.
11-14-2017 10:50 PM