Howie's nickname
dirty_fingers Offline

Howie's nickname
I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules. If it does, please delete.

I can't understand why Howie keeps referring to himself as The Cooze. Does he not realize what this word means? If you don't know, feel free to google it. I don't want to get any more graphic or profane here. I'm surprised he gets away with saying it on the air, I always though it was a pretty nasty term.

I'm guessing nobody ever pointed it out to him, maybe none of his staff knows this term. He's really insulting himself.Confused
11-17-2017 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raccoonradio Offline

RE: Howie's nickname
Am guessing he's referring to Boston Celtics great Bob Cousy, who had that nickname.Giving a retirement speech,he got emotional and found it hard to continue "We love ya Cooz!," someone yelled out

Then again this from Urban Dictionary (sorry if it's a bit graphic, and the person who posted it may have done so as a joke):
"´╗┐During the 1950's and 1960's, the Boston Celtics basketball team had an all-star point guard named Bob Cousy who was known for his extraordinary ball-handling ability. He was particularly famous for dribbling the basketball between his legs - a fete that required him to squat (usually, although he could do it on the run too) and spread his legs wide to get the ball through. His knickname was "The Cooz" - and around New England women who spread their legs far enough to see things they were taught to keep far from prying eyes were thought to be mimicking Bob Cousy's between-the-legs dribble, thus revealing the old "cooz."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/...story.html
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 05:28 PM by raccoonradio.)
11-17-2017 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply