Podcasts new format
kutkane Offline

Podcasts new format
HI,
I am a Howie Carr VIP subscriber but new to the forum.
I have searched Howie's website and can find no contact email to the staff.
You would think there would be a way for a VIP subscriber to ask the staff a question.

The podcast format has changed. Every show is broken down into hours and segments. I want to be able to download the entire show like I used to.

I do not have a smart phone with cellular data that would let me access the podcasts at any time. I have to download each one and transfer them to iTunes. Now that task has been quadrupled with the new podcast options.

Is there an app that lets me download Howie Carr broadcasts more easily than downloading each podcast onto my desktop in iTunes format and then transferring them to iTunes and going thru the hassles of labeling or identifying each podcast?

Mostly I would like to contact Steve and let him know that I would still like the option of downloading the entire broadcast instead of just segments like it is now. Is there a way to contact Steve directly? It really is crazy that there is no contact info on Howie's website.

Thanks
01-10-2018 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

RE: Podcasts new format
Unfortunately I don't have an answer; when I've had issues with podcasts or a store order, I never received a response to any of my e-mails. I don't think the on-air employees have much to do with the business/technical decisions.

Regardless, it's pretty unfortunate.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 06:04 AM by rocket21.)
01-11-2018 06:00 AM
blurij Offline

(01-11-2018 06:00 AM)rocket21 Wrote:  Unfortunately I don't have an answer; when I've had issues with podcasts or a store order, I never received a response to any of my e-mails. I don't think the on-air employees have much to do with the business/technical decisions.

Regardless, it's pretty unfortunate.

RocketMan I appreciate your reply. It is frustrating to be sure.
I am beginning to wonder if there is still a VIP club?
I do not have to log in to download the hourly segments.
There is no link to any VIP club.

Are you a VIP member?
Does anybody know what is going on?
Sorry to bother you again
01-13-2018 01:32 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I was a VIP member a few years ago. I paid for a full year, then renewed for another full year. A few months into that second full year term, they quietly ended the VIP program and my account no longer existed (yet I still received promotional e-mails). No refund or credit.

A new VIP program was created before my second full year was complete. I received no response to my inquiry as to whether I could get credit for the remaining months I had already paid for. Needless to say, I never ponied up money for the second VIP program after that experience.
01-13-2018 02:08 PM
dirty_fingers Offline

(01-10-2018 05:38 PM)kutkane Wrote:  HI,
You would think there would be a way for a VIP subscriber to ask the staff a question.

The podcast format has changed. Every show is broken down into hours and segments. I want to be able to download the entire show like I used to.

I do not have a smart phone with cellular data that would let me access the podcasts at any time. I have to download each one and transfer them to iTunes. Now that task has been quadrupled with the new podcast options.

Is there an app that lets me download Howie Carr broadcasts more easily than downloading each podcast onto my desktop in iTunes format and then transferring them to iTunes and going thru the hassles of labeling or identifying each podcast?

Mostly I would like to contact Steve and let him know that I would still like the option of downloading the entire broadcast instead of just segments like it is now. Is there a way to contact Steve directly? It really is crazy that there is no contact info on Howie's website.

Thanks

I went to the website to ask the same question and the only email I could find was in the store section, go figure. Howie doesn't want to hear from you unless you're buying something from him. Anyway I asked the question there, but I haven't heard anything back from them. No surprise there.

Maybe someone could contact them through facebook? I would, but I don't have nor want an account, and I won't create one just for this.
01-15-2018 10:18 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

As Howie would say...

When the phone don't ring, you'll know it's the VIP support staff.
01-15-2018 11:03 PM
ImHowieCarr Offline

(01-15-2018 11:03 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  As Howie would say...

When the phone don't ring, you'll know it's the VIP support staff.

LOL!! I emailed Jared of his staff a week ago, but no reply. It's strange that they are charging people for something, and they just end it with no notification. But the good news is, getting the podcasts for free is nice.

Knowing Howie, he's got something new cooking that will cost even *more* money!!
01-21-2018 11:35 AM
Longmire Offline

(01-13-2018 02:08 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  I was a VIP member a few years ago. I paid for a full year, then renewed for another full year. A few months into that second full year term, they quietly ended the VIP program and my account no longer existed (yet I still received promotional e-mails). No refund or credit.

A new VIP program was created before my second full year was complete. I received no response to my inquiry as to whether I could get credit for the remaining months I had already paid for. Needless to say, I never ponied up money for the second VIP program after that experience.

Are they really that money grabbing over there? That's not right. I guess you voted with your wallet and so will I, reading about all these stories.
01-24-2018 10:42 AM
dirty_fingers Offline

(01-10-2018 05:38 PM)kutkane Wrote:  HI,

Thanks

I have written to Jared and Steve about this. Of course I haven't gotten any reply, nor do I expect to. It seems like they don't want to have a podcast at all. If that's the case, why put a section on the website called "Podcasts?"

Since Howie's Entercom contract ended and he formed his own company and has complete control, there have been changes to the show that I don't really care for, but the worst one for me is that it seems like he doesn't want me to listen. HuhAngry
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 11:36 AM by dirty_fingers.)
01-26-2018 11:28 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

(01-26-2018 11:28 AM)dirty_fingers Wrote:  I have written to Jared and Steve about this. Of course I haven't gotten any reply, nor do I expect to. It seems like they don't want to have a podcast at all. If that's the case, why put a section on the website called "Podcasts?"

Since Howie's Entercom contract ended and he formed his own company and has complete control, there have been changes to the show that I don't really care for, but the worst one for me is that it seems like he doesn't want me to listen. HuhAngry

I think there have been improvements to the actual show content since he went out on his own, but it seems like a lot of the business related decisions are short-sighted money grabs. Whether it's discontinuing subscriptions without notice or credit, selling products at extreme mark up then basically giving them away a few weeks later, advertising bonus gifts with a purchase and then not providing them, or overloading the show with advertisements, I think somewhere in the organization there is a lack of regard for the consumer.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018 08:57 PM by rocket21.)
01-26-2018 08:56 PM