and if you ever saw it
it was probably at a bar."

I practically drove off the road laughing. Howie was sure in his element. Smile
03-31-2015 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ted Kennedy Offline
Waitress Sandwich Artist

RE: Edward M. Kennedy Institute Show
Era, I don't appreciate being made sport of.

Someone once said that if my name were Edward Moore, my candidacy would be a joke. If I was that funny, they'd call me Delmonty Python.
04-02-2015 06:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Down4Breakfast Offline

I heard it once said that when Ted ordered a Chivas on the rocks, the Chivas was gone before the ice cubes started melting.

But, as Deval would say, that was just an anecdote.

He also was reported to have a side business as a boat anchor salesman. He tried to sell one to John "these Swiss won't stop chasing me" Kerry. "Lissshen," he slurred, while looking for his pants, "Mary Jo.... well she's vousssshing fah me..."

Rumor has it that Chivas almost went out of business with Teddy's demise. "Patches" stepped in and gladly started the river flowing again after a brief "interruption".

After all, he's just drinking the Chivas Americans couldn't be bothered drinking.
04-02-2015 08:28 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

(04-02-2015 08:28 AM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  I heard it once said that when Ted ordered a Chivas on the rocks, the Chivas was gone before the ice cubes started melting.

But, as Deval would say, that was just an anecdote.

He also was reported to have a side business as a boat anchor salesman. He tried to sell one to John "these Swiss won't stop chasing me" Kerry. "Lissshen," he slurred, while looking for his pants, "Mary Jo.... well she's vousssshing fah me..."

Rumor has it that Chivas almost went out of business with Teddy's demise. "Patches" stepped in and gladly started the river flowing again after a brief "interruption".

After all, he's just drinking the Chivas Americans couldn't be bothered drinking.

Brilliant
04-02-2015 01:16 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Howie's article and some Kennedy sound clips: http://howiecarrshow.com/ted-kennedys-er...test-hits/
04-06-2015 03:54 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I went to the Edward M. Kennedy Institute recently, to have a laugh. Unfortunately, the joke was on me. The entrance fee is a rip off and there are literally two exhibits: his office and a Senate replica. There's also no sense of irony, as there are numerous water paintings and photos, including a painting that looks like Teddy holding a Delmont steering wheel on the sea (even more ironically titled 'Night Sailor').
06-10-2017 04:05 PM