Sandy Gets Her Own Show on WMEX: The Sandy Shack Show
raccoonradio Offline

Sandy Gets Her Own Show on WMEX: The Sandy Shack Show
Nancy "Sandy" Shack is getting her own show weekdays 12-3 pm on
WMEX 1510...don't know if Howie's folks are behind it but maybe not.
Starts Jan 4, 2016
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2015 02:04 PM by rocket21.)
12-28-2015 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raccoonradio Offline

RE: Sandy gets own show--on WMEX
The following is the WMEX press release:

SANDY SHACK TO JOIN 1510 AM WMEX ON JANUARY 4!

Longtime multi-media Bostonian Sandy Shack To launch New Daily Afternoon Drive Time Radio Show [12pm to 3 pm] on the City’s Hottest New Station 1510 AM WMEX Boston.
Sandy Shack is an award winning broadcaster with over 20 years' of experience in the Boston local, New England regional and nation markets. She is best known as the Executive Producer of the syndicated juggernaut The Howie Carr Show where she appeared as the voice of reason to Howie's rants while periodically poking the bear when she was inclined. She was also his permanent fill in host bringing a new slant on the pressing issues of the day to Howie's audience.
A native to Massachusetts, Sandy grew up splitting her time between Cape Cod and Washington D.C. These early roots in the nation's Capitol instilled in her a love of politics which she pursued on Capitol Hill with jobs ranging from senate page to Senate Select Committee staff member. Sandy is a graduate from Boston College Law School with a Juris Doctorate and background in economics. Sandy began her broadcasting career in the legal wing of RKO General to which she was quickly drafted by the programming department of the company's Boston station, WRKO. Sandy quickly learned the art of producing with the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox and legal advice shows culminating with the two National Radio Hall of Fame inducted shows: The Jerry Williams Show and The Howie Carr Show.
Speaking of her new show Sandy Said “ Who says dreams don't come true! I hope everyone who has been so supportive over the years comes and joins me at my new home 1510 WMEX for my very own show!”
Bryan Berner Sr General Manager of 1510 WMEX "We are all excited to bring Sandy into the 1510 WMEX family.Sandy is a perfect match for what we are doing here at 1510 WMEX"
Sandy will be talking about national/local topics of interest from 12p to 3p on 1510 WMEX beginning Jan 4, 2016. Ms. Shack will be joining a program lineup that includes Renegade Radio 6a to 10a, ,The Michele McPhee Show 3p to 7 p, The Capitol Hill Show with Tim Constantine 7p to 10 p and Michael Savage 10 p to 1 a.
WMEX, licensed to Quincy, MA, to Daly XXL Communications and is a News/Talk station operating with a 50,000 watt signal from studios in Quincy, MA. In addition to the metro-Boston area, the 1510 WMEX broadcast signal covers eastern, central, and northern MA, as well as parts of New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

-------------
"We wish you a Howie Christmas, we wish you a Howie Christmas,
we wish you a Howie Christmas, and a SANDY New Year!"--Jimmy from Revere/Saugus
12-29-2015 06:13 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Wow! I wonder if this was planned, ie why Steve had been alternating days as on-mic producer in recent weeks/months.

And if not, I wonder if this could end up like a Johnny Carson/Joan Rivers thing, ie Johnny never speaking to Joan again after she unexpectedly started her own shown.
12-29-2015 02:35 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Boston Herald today: "That Howie Carr’s longtime producer Sandy Shack is striking out on her own as host of a new show on 1510 WMEX AM, from noon to 3 p.m., starting Jan. 4."
12-29-2015 02:37 PM
raccoonradio Offline

Curious that press release said 12-3pm was afternoon drive...
that early?
No word from Howie yet as far as I know and yup I
know he's on vacation but still..should be back just
as Sandy finishes her first MEX show.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 03:57 PM by raccoonradio.)
12-29-2015 03:55 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

RE: Sandy Gets Own Show on WMEX: The Sandy Shack Show
(12-29-2015 03:55 PM)raccoonradio Wrote:  Curious that press release said 12-3pm was afternoon drive...
that early?
No word from Howie yet as far as I know and yup I
know he's on vacation but still..should be back just
as Sandy finishes her first MEX show.

It certainly raises some questions...

- Why did Sandy leave WRKO with Howie, only to (presumably) leave his show 1 year later?
- Were they phasing her out of the show this fall by having Steve up front every other day?
- Was Christmas Eve her last day on the show?
- Did she have his blessing?
- Could she leverage his syndicated network down the road to eventually have a 12-7PM programming block?
- How are Kuhner's ratings?
12-29-2015 04:19 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

RE: Sandy Gets Her Own Show on WMEX: The Sandy Shack Show
Looks like Sandy was a guest on Michele McPhee's show this afternoon...can't seem to locate a podcast for it though.
12-30-2015 08:52 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Just received an e-mail from WMEX announcing Sandy's new show.

Interestingly, it was sent to the e-mail address I used to sign up for Howie's podcasts.

"Sandy Shack has said goodbye to The Howie Carr Show and is joining the 1510 WMEX llineup with her own show Monday through Friday noon to 3 pm starting this coming Monday, January 4th.

LISTEN LIVE ON 1510 WMEX or on TuneIn

Call in line 617-237-1234

E-mail sandy@1510wmex.com

Text 67076 (start text with keyword 1510wmex)"
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2015 01:39 PM by rocket21.)
12-31-2015 12:12 PM
raccoonradio Offline

Got that email too; the text number was prob the same one Howie was using when he started with his brief WMEX run.
12-31-2015 02:41 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

(12-31-2015 02:41 PM)raccoonradio Wrote:  Got that email too; the text number was prob the same one Howie was using when he started with his brief WMEX run.

The 67076 text number is a texting service (Callfire I think?).

I do find it interesting that the Howie Carr Show mailing list was used for her show. One has to assume that either she has his cooperation, or else someone got ahold of the list Smile
01-02-2016 04:23 PM