Sandy Gets Her Own Show on WMEX: The Sandy Shack Show
Down4Breakfast Offline

RE: Sandy Gets Her Own Show on WMEX: The Sandy Shack Show
(01-07-2016 02:08 PM)empirefalls Wrote:  I do not think there is any animosity between Howie and Sandy. Howie probably encouraged her to develop a new career move foreseeing he is likely to retire within the next five years and does not want to leave her out in the cold without employment. At WMEX she can gain talk show experience. Who knows, she may be back at WRKO someday.

She is an attorney so I hope she can find employment! Big Grin

I hope to see her back, or get a chance to listen to her show - maybe someday when I have a day off...
01-26-2016 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ImHowieCarr Offline

Has anyone heard Howie mention Sandy since she left? I download all the shows, and i'm currently up to listening to the 1/7 show. I haven't heard a word about her since before Xmas, which seems strange.
02-07-2016 10:11 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

Looks like there were two mentions in the past week or so (I missed both; I think they may have been during the 6:00 hour).

Capn Spackle posted:
"Last night a caller asked Howie where Sandy was. He said "she got a new job" and said that she's on another station and he can't talk about other stations."
02-07-2016 03:40 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

(02-07-2016 03:40 PM)rocket21 Wrote:  Looks like there were two mentions in the past week or so (I missed both; I think they may have been during the 6:00 hour).

Capn Spackle posted:
"Last night a caller asked Howie where Sandy was. He said "she got a new job" and said that she's on another station and he can't talk about other stations."

That makes sense, he's trying to keep to just talking about his network. Someone last week mentioned an issue with RKO and I thought he might say "Entercom happens..." but he bit his tongue and just said something like "It is what it is" and moved on.
02-08-2016 10:18 AM
raccoonradio Offline

Howie said someone asked how Sandy was doing and he said she's fine, saw her at an Ernie Boch event and again said "she got
a job on another station"...and added "she left on her own accord".
04-20-2016 05:07 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

With WMEX potentially not coming down for breakfast soon, I wonder what will become of Sandy? Howie has always been a big promoter of former producer VB, especially when he's out of work. Doesn't appear to be the same with Sandy?
06-10-2017 04:07 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

It's possible that she might want to get out of radio altogether. I know VB was big for him as he was trying to get him employment. Now, that he is back in the saddle, maybe he will do the same for Sandy once the potentially inevitable happens...
06-12-2017 09:44 AM
raccoonradio Offline

For now at least WMEX may do talk days and oldies nights and weekends, with oldies DJs buying time.Savage for now airs 3-6 live (McPhee gone) and soon those tape delayed Savage shows at night will be gone. No official
word yet of sale or move to a new tower (supposedly lease ends at end of month).Yes she may just leave radio and don't know if she'd latch on to Howie or VB.

If iHeart wanted to spend $ on 1430 she could do mornings there but I doubt it.Or would 1260 the Buzz let her on? "Only if the check clears" (Mrs Kuhner had a show there for awhile)
06-15-2017 01:21 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I can't imagine there being room for her on Howie's show now. VB worked because he could do the lighter fare co-host chit chat, while also guest hosting. While she was good at guest hosting, I don't picture her being good as a co-host on the show. And, with Steve and Grace both doing a good job at holding down multiple roles, I don't think there's room in the control room anymore.

I wonder how Kuhner's ratings are? I tripped over his show dee otur day an dwas shoc ked dat he is still on dee radio. I would think Sandy would be an improvement.
06-16-2017 08:37 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

Yes, the control room is not very big, there are only 2 boards/desks. I liked Sandy a lot, but Grace and Steve work well with him. I don't know if she'd come back and do a 'fill-in' show once in a while.

My guess if she doesn't land a gig she will go back to the Dreaded Private Sector until Tall Deval hands her a judgeship. Smile
06-23-2017 02:50 PM