When Howie Carr finally moves to Florida. Odds are he will move back to Mass.
empirefalls Offline

When Howie Carr finally moves to Florida. Odds are he will move back to Mass.
I read some passages from a book by Ron Stack "The Florida Move Guide: The Unofficial Moving to Florida Warning, Decision and Help Guide ".It seems the majority of young and old[retirees] to Florida..move back to where they moved from.

Here are some passages from the book:
"MOST WHO RELOCATE TO FLORIDA WILL MOVE OUT"
"People visit Florida and have a wonderful time, often many times over many years.........After the move everything is great, in the beginning. Then the things that most people never considered before moving to Florida start to affect your quality of life.The longer you're there, the more these things bother you"

Howie is destined to move to Florida "permanently" But statistically that does not mean forever
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 03:56 PM by empirefalls.)
02-11-2016 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cap'n Spackle Offline

RE: When Howie Carr finally moves to Florida. Odds are he will move back to Mass.
Recently he seems to be changing his tune, mentioning more than once how he's noticed that people often don't last very long after they retire. It's not as though he has a strenuous job. Maybe he realized that he'll have to keep working to keep the flow of graft coming.
02-12-2016 02:49 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

RE: When Howie Carr finally moves to Florida. Odds are he will move back to Mass.
He gave an interview (I forget where I saw it now) and he mentioned "I'm going out with my boots on..." and that he wasn't going to retire anytime soon.

Yes, if he goes off the air then the graft goes with it. Although he could build a small studio in FL and broadcast from there. Several hosts on "magic radio" can broadcast from home.
02-12-2016 03:37 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

(02-12-2016 03:37 PM)Down4Breakfast Wrote:  Yes, if he goes off the air then the graft goes with it. Although he could build a small studio in FL and broadcast from there. Several hosts on "magic radio" can broadcast from home.

I suspect his Trump broadcast and then the Florida broadcasts were test runs for what he may do if he starts spending more time down there; i.e. having someone in the Boston studio.
02-13-2016 03:22 PM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

On today's show, he had Ann Coulter linked in via video from his Florida condo (Jared on site). He mentioned he'll be broadcasting from there more often.
11-28-2016 04:57 PM
Down4Breakfast Offline

I know this has been "bantered about" for a while now. However, if he were to move to Florida he would not get chicken fingers from Kowloon to give to the pugs, so he'd probably move back just to get "that graft". Otherwise the baleful howling and whining would drive him crazy... Big Grin
12-20-2016 11:40 AM
raccoonradio Offline

Some on a radio messageboard would wonder if Howie would retire, or "take a job as Trump minister of propaganda" etc so I had this response, and it gets also into a couple bits about Howie from 1998 (Imus lawsuit) to 2007 (when Howie almost jumped to WTKK)

Don't know when Howie will retire.Thinking about what happened in 07...IIRC, early that year Don Imus had his Rutgers remark controversy.Howie poked fun at Imus' Boston affiliate, calling them "WTKKK".Months later though, word broke that Howie wanted to jump to 96.9 and he would have gotten that morning time slot. Judges ruled against him, though, even though he made a Sept. appearance on Ch 4 news and "Carr (chocolate) bars" were to be given away.(Howie later gave those away at appearances)

So Howie had to stick around at Entercom till he had a chance to start his own network.WMEX ran him for a few months then RKO took him back as an affiliate. 96.9 FM talk in the meantime dumped the format.

What if he had been able to jump?Would it have helped keep 96.9 as talk?Howie has gotten some 2 dozen stations to carry his show though he hasn't really gotten any outside of New England.He has been selling books and T shirts and enjoys all this, as he's a month away from turning 65.Would he do the show from Florida and keep it all the same, or give it up? He can still vacation in Florida for now at least, and supposedly got a condo there as a result of a settlement from a defamation suit against Imus. Like Rush, Savage, and Howie, Imus too continues in the talk biz.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/ente...e-1.814689

>>Carr was talking about Imus because Imus defended Mike Barnicle, the under-fire Boston Globe columnist. Carr has no use for Barnicle in part, no doubt, because they both do the same job and neither answers to "Mr. Modesty... Imus retaliated by suggesting Carr's wife has had sex with heavyweight boxer Riddick Bowe. That's when Carr became indignant, suggesting Imus had gone too far and letting anonymous hints be dropped that he's talking with his lawyer

---
From The Brothers Bulger by Howie Carr:
"Full disclosure..Alan Dershowitz...represented my wife in a 1998 libel action against two broadcast networks and radio talk show host Don Imus.That lawsuit was settled out of court"
12-21-2016 09:27 AM
rocket21 Offline
Administrator

I doubt he'll 'retire' anytime soon, as he's alluded to his opinion that retirement speeds up one's demise.
12-22-2016 09:00 PM
empirefalls Offline

I hope ' retirement DOES NOT speeds up one's demise'

I retired 5 years ago, i' m still... let me check.., yup, still alive. I have not missed going to work, once. And Not miss the rat race at work.

You do kinda wonder at times, 'why keep going and or what is the purpose of doing anything'. So I adopted a shelter kitten and with a lifespan of 12- 18 years, my purpose in life to keep going is back, to protect her. O yea, my adult kids are good reasons to keep going too.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 06:06 PM by empirefalls.)
02-27-2017 06:05 PM